Glossary » multiuser
describes any application designed to be used by more than one person or to coordinate the activities of multiple users, i.e. groupware.
Some common design issues in multi-user systems include:
- sharing – how information is shared and how sharing is indicated for different aspects of the user interface
- security and privacy – the need to protect information and the privacy of users
- awareness – providing useful information about other users’ behavior to help coordination
- session control – managing how multi-user sessions are initiated and finalized, and who can participate in a group session
- floor control – preventing users from conflicting with each other and managing temporary access to conversational props